Do you have technical writing experience, and are you seeking a new job in Brentwood? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping one of the world's first developers and integrators of hydrogen solutions, focusing on engineering, hydrogen infrastructure, industrial, on-road, off-road, and marine applications recruit a Technical Author, and the full-time role comes with an excellent salary and benefits package.
As a Technical Author, you will develop high-quality technical documentation, including owners' manuals, installation guides and maintenance instructions for hydrogen dual fuel systems. You will collaborate closely with engineers, product owners, and other subject matter experts to gather information and understand the systems thoroughly.
In your first few weeks in this Technical Author role, you can expect to:
- Research and stay up-to-date with industry standards, regulations and best practices to ensure accuracy and compliance in the documentation
- Plan and organise documentation projects, outlining content structure and creating schedules to meet project deadlines
- Work with graphic designers and technical illustrators to incorporate visuals, diagrams and illustrations to enhance the clarity and comprehensibility of documentation
- Review and edit existing documentation and provide clear, concise and user-friendly content while maintaining technical accuracy.
To apply for this technical writing role, ideally you will hold a degree in engineering, or other STEM based subject, or English or Journalism or relevant experience as a technical writer, preferably in the automotive, industrial, or marine industry, a focus on owner's manuals, installation guides, and maintenance instructions is preferred and highly valued. You will also require the following:
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, with the ability to present technical information clearly and understandably for a non-technical audience
- Experience with owners' manuals, installation guides and maintenance instructions (preferred)
- Familiarity with hydrogen dual fuel systems, alternative fuels, or related technical fields is a plus
- Proficiency in using documentation tools, such as Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, or other relevant software
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you'll receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a welcoming and inclusive culture.
To apply for this full-time Technical Author job in Brentwood, please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today. We'd love to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfil your professional ambitions.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included