Battery Cell Integration & Test Engineer - 55816/55817 - Basildon (Hybrid) Up to £35.65/hr - Inside IR35 (Can increase for experienced candidates)
Do you have battery cell experience, and are you seeking a new contract in Basildon? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping a collaborative automotive company recruit a Battery Cell Integration and Test Engineer, and the role comes with a contract rate of £35.65 per hour inside IR35.
As a Battery Cell Integration and Test Engineer, you will be responsible for determining battery cell capability and performance whilst interfacing with battery pack and vehicle teams to integrate the cell for use in Mild Hybrid mHEV, Full Hybrid FHEV), Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) and Battery Electric (BEV) vehicles.
If you were already in this Battery Cell Integration and Test Engineer role, here are some areas you might have worked in this week:
- Interface with hybrid vehicle systems teams and energy analysis team
- Analyze vehicle and battery pack data as related to cell usage, performance, and life
- Cell performance, life, and degradation investigations and testing
- Develop calibrations for cell-related battery controls, support advanced controls algorithm development
- Lead core design and release activities for electrified vehicle battery cell components
- Work with cell suppliers to develop quality documents for production (DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Engineering Specification).
To apply for this Battery Cell Integration and Test Engineer role, you will need a degree. You will also require:
- Knowledge of current hybrid technologies/battery/power electronics and components is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technically challenging projects working cross-functionally
- Knowledge of CAD, product development processes, managing engineering deliverables, vehicle bill of material tracking and reporting, financial control and reporting & electrified powertrain key components and systems
- Experience working work with cell suppliers to develop quality documents for production (DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Engineering Specification).
- Experience using data analysis software (MATLAB, Excel, INCA, ATI)
- Familiarity with powertrain controls, battery controls, test scripting, and CAN
You'll receive an excellent contract per hour rate of £35.65 in return for your knowledge, expertise, and flexibility.
We'd love you to apply for this contract Battery Cell Integration and Test Engineer job in Basildon, and we're waiting to hear from you. Please reach out to Jonathan Lee Recruitment today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included