Business Development Manager / Lead - Motorcycles
(Home based along the M62 corridor - Liverpool, Manchester, Cheshire, Leeds, Huddersfield)
Our client is a highly recognised motorcycle brand with real heritage in the UK and internationally. In supporting and further developing their position within the UK motorcycle sector, we are seeking a Business Development Lead who will drive retail sales of motorcycles, non-motorcycles and finance, dealer profitability and customer satisfaction across the M62 corridor.
Reporting to the Sales and Dealer Development Manager for the UK, you will:
- identify current and future opportunities and through leading by example, coach and working with the management and teams at dealers within the region, develop brand-led initiatives towards process excellence, growth, business improvement and reinforce success
- raise minimum standards of the franchise at dealer level to meet and exceed those set by the Manufacturer
- support onboarding of new dealers and the existing network to achieve or exceed national market penetration of motorcycles, non-motorcycles and finance
Key responsibilities will include: developing each dealer in the area in delivering sales objectives including:
- Motorcycles (model and mix)
- Genuine Motorcycle Accessories (GMA)
- Finance penetration via a retail finance partner
Assist dealers in identifying potential growth and creating action plans for improvement in area including:
- Excellence in customer experience
- Product visibility and reach
- Volume sales
- Dealer profitability
- Market penetration
- Standards, structure, process and infrastructure defined by the manufacturer
Ensure existence and development of dealers marketing plans covering aspects such as:
- Local events
- Rider's club
- Support of national events and product launches
- Websites and online presence
- Social media
- Manage relations between the manufacturer and its dealer network in area using proactive planning, dealer visits, virtual visits and effective remote management.
- Monitor and manage within area, dealer ordering and stock to support the achievement of relevant targets.
- Manage communication between the manufacturer, distributor and dealer network within the area of issues affecting the dealer business.
- Support the building and managing of the dealership network with a focus on quality of partners and through them delivering customer experience; expand the availability and visibility of the full range of products to increase brand penetration and reach.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on all aspects of activity and performance.
- Share best practice both within the area and nationally.
- Manage and address the needs of the dealers within area
- Work across the organisation
With a degree in business, marketing or a technical field; you will have/should be:
- Demonstrable experience working in the Motorcycle industry with retail management experience - car retail experience development and management may be considered.
- Understanding of dealership operations including but limited to, Sales, Service, Parts & Service, Apparels & Genuine Motorcycle accessories, Financial Services and General merchandise.
- Comfortable to work independently in a dynamic environment.
- Established credibility by delivering results through consulting and counselling business owners.
- Good networking and PR skills and personal stature to represent the manufacturer.
- Work from a home-based environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This position offers a competitive salary range and car allowance. Therefore, if you are interested in this strategically focused position, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included