Area Sales Manager SW - Machine Tools
Our client is a global manufacturer of capital machine tool equipment and with continued growth in their UK and European markets, they are seeking an Area Sales Manager to ideally continue their activity in the South and Southwest of the UK.
Working alongside an existing and established sales organisation, this position is to further develop existing relationships and identify new machine tool business sales within their market areas. You will be responsible for selling a market leading portfolio of CNC machines across a defined geography, maximising the significant potential of their brand in the market. This is a consultative solution sales role which is completed from a home base but works closely with the UK HQ near the Midlands.
As an Area Sales Manager, reporting to the General Sales Manager - South, you will do this by:
- Developing business relationships through a sales engineering activity focussing on people who use and purchase CNC Machine Tools. Typically, you are selling a value proposition and it is important to sell the right proposition to the right person in the account. Target market sectors include aerospace, automotive, medical, oil & gas and sub-contract/industrial.
- As well as identifying new customers through 'cold calling' activities, you will also complete account management and business development activities targeting and developing end users
- Preparing documentation for order processing
- Maintaining existing accounts and creating new accounts
- Defining the correct manufacturing solution to meet the customer's demands
- Define product along with delivery to meet customers' requirements
- Propose machine specification along with associated costs
- Apply correct resource to deliver the correct solution - Applications - Service
- Assist with customers justification along with return on investment
- Ensure payment milestones are met
- Ensure the correct documentation is in place and internally agreed
- Work to a Capital Sales Annual Target circa £6 million
Suitable skills and experience for this role will include:
- Strong sales negotiation skills
- Ability to professionally prepare and present presentations to customers
- CRM experience
- Excellent time management skills and planning capability
- Be highly motivated
- Able to open new accounts
- Be a strong team player
- Able to professionally prepare and present presentations to customers
To support this role, the successful candidate will have a suitable engineering degree level qualification and have previous field sales experience working with engineering products/a proven track record within the metal cutting/relating industries. Active consideration will be made for time served engineers as well as application engineers who wish to move into a stronger sales focused position.
Suitably located and with strong written and oral communication skills and a professional approach, candidates should have the ability to think innovatively while also having the capacity for detail and planning. You will be pragmatic & credible who will portray a positive image of the company and products to customers.
Note, if you are successful, you will be provided with a full training programme and continuous development. These are outstanding positions with a competitive salary, HIGH commission value, hybrid car and other benefits.
This is a focused sales role working with a world class and highly regarded brand. If you feel you have the interest and experience to support this role, then please apply directly. Territory / location postcodes include: BA, BH, BS, DT OX, EX, PL, SN, SP, TA, TQ, TR, GU - candidates need to be living within this region.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included