Lead Engineer Lighting
A Lead Engineer Lighting required to join a Coventry based OEM, joining their Advanced Product Creation team who are responsible for engineering design, development & integration across a range of new passenger EV programmes for the global market.
The Lead Engineer Lighting will ideally be able to demonstrate substantial relevant engineering experience, gained from working on module area systems design & development, from concept to production. it is anticipated that the Lead Engineer Lighting will build a small team, being responsible for technical delivery to cost, quality & time.
What's in it for you?
- An excellent opportunity to work in an outstanding new facility as Lead Engineer Lighting with a highly competitive salary including car allowance, hybrid working & flexible working hours
- An opportunity to take on a Lead Engineering role whilst building a new team around you
- Work within a smaller engineering team & gain a wide experience across global EV programmes
- Be part of new vehicle innovations across several EV platforms
As Lead Engineer Lighting - you will be required to;
- Support the APC, Lead Engineer, Exterior Trim & Lighting in all day-to-day activities
- Lead & manage activities for multi-location teams
- Lead Design surface (CAS) feasibility 'FC' checks. Provide feasibility advice & guidance
- Lead Engineering hard-point generation, DFMEA & DVP creation & maintenance
- Identify resource profiles required to deliver projects to time & within budget constraints
- Lead the development of 3D models & 2D drawings for module engineering
- Arrange & lead digital reviews & sign-off events for module related activities
- Benchmarking of competitor vehicles & reporting of findings
As Lead Engineer Lighting - you will have;
- Degree qualified or equivalent with proven experience in the delivery of Automotive Lighting systems
- CAD (Catia v5/v6) operation skills are preferred. The successful candidate will be able to create & manipulate geometry for primary communication of concepts & schemes
- Experience of using Team Centre & PLM preferable
- Ability to lead & manage lighting team plus resolve engineering issues
- Evidence of working effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve results
- Capable of overcoming cultural & inter-functional barriers
- A desire to strive for improvements to achieve high customer satisfaction
Applications are welcomed from experienced individuals who have a background in Lighting Systems within the development of new vehicle programmes, seeking to develop a career with a forward-thinking organisation.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included