Lead Engineer Aerodynamics
A Lead Engineer Aerodynamics is required to join a Coventry based OEM, the Aerodynamics team is responsible for providing technical expertise in Vehicle Aerodynamics.
The Lead Engineer, Aerodynamics will provide technical leadership to the aero team and be responsible for overseeing the digitalization and automation of the CFD process, developing and maintaining up-to-date processes to support aerodynamics targets setting and to evaluate the aerodynamic performance of vehicle concepts and to identify design solutions. You will work closely with the programme Engineering and Design teams to ensure that vehicle attribute performance requirements are achieved in the advanced concept phases.
What's in it for you?
- An excellent opportunity to work in a band new facility as Lead Engineer Aerodynamics with a highly competitive salary including car allowance, hybrid working & flexible working hours
- Work within a smaller engineering team & gain a wide experience across global EV programmes.
- Be part of new vehicle innovations across several EV platforms
As Lead Engineer Aerodynamics - you will be required to;
- Management and development of Aerodynamics Digital capability
- Develop and implement strategy for delivery of Digital aerodynamics
- Lead aerodynamics attribute integration within Design Studio
- Leadership of vehicle programme Digital aerodynamics attribute delivery
- Provide input to the aerodynamics team through Digital knowledge share, process and capability development and training
- Lead the generation of engineering reports and provide presentations as required
As Lead Engineer Aerodynamics- you will have;
- Degree qualified or equivalent with proven experience in Automotive Aerodynamics
- Aerodynamic benchmarking and target definition
- Knowledge conducting aerodynamics test and development activities
- Proven experience in the application of CFD toolsets
- Experience in the interpretation of output from simulation, test and development studies
- Experience in planning and leading project activities
Applications are welcomed from experienced individuals who have a background in Aerodynamics supporting the development of new vehicle programmes, seeking to develop a career with a forward-thinking organisation
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included