Controls Engineer - Gloucester
We are working with a globally positioned designer and manufacturer of specialist capital automated manufacturing equipment company based in Gloucester. Supporting a truly international customer base, they are seeking a Controls Engineer to provide Controls System development in support of their position in the lead acid battery manufacturing industry.
With continued growth and from their plant in the UK, the job description is:
- Carry out a range of PLC, HMI and Motion Control programming and modification work.
- Carry out software & hardware configuration of networked control systems with distributed Input Output (IO).
- Carry out the programming and integration of vision systems for inspection & measurement using Cognex or similar products.
- Control system support of prototype, new machine builds and existing equipment in the field.
- Ensure and oversee machine safety to the relevant international standards and practices.
- Prepare support documentation to assist both machine manufacture, testing and customer documentation packages.
- Provide customer support and be prepared to travel on site as required.
- To identify opportunities for process, productivity and quality improvements.
- To adhere to and always apply all workplace management rules consistently.
- To actively participate in product development and improvement.
- Develop effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholder, customers and suppliers to ensure best outcomes for the company.
- Embrace the values of the company and the Group and live these by example, consistent with corporate policies/procedures and legal obligations, both in the UK and overseas.
- Ensure that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to.
You may also be required to undertake additional tasks or duties from time to time which are reasonably within your capabilities.
- Qualified to HNC / HND or equivalent in a Software related discipline.
- Proven experience of PLC, HMI and motion programming preferably using Rockwell Logix platform, Safety PLC, Kinetix motion control, Studio 5000 and FTViewME. Siemens Control systems & TIA portal advantageous.
- Knowledge and programming of robotic applications preferred (Yaskawa preferred).
- Knowledge of vision systems preferable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and able to communicate at all levels.
- Positive attitude with ability to work within culturally diverse environments.
- Helpful and supportive approach to resolution of technical challenges
- Receptive and adaptable to change.
- Able to travel internationally to customer sites. Travel is approximately 2-3 weeks in duration for 4-5 times per annum but will vary depending on projects.
- Current passport and fully Covid vaccinated to allow international travel.
If you feel you have the skills and interest to support this role, then please apply directly. Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included