Mechanical Design Engineer
Due to increased demand and expanding its Engineering a Design Engineer is required to work for Britain’s longest established designer and manufacturer of bespoke heavy equipment.
You will manage new contracts from assessing and validating customer requirements through the design stages to the point of issuing design drawings, bill of materials and detailed drawings where required. You will also support the procurement function. Once the project reaches the production stage you will support the manufacturing departments to ensure a smooth and effective completion of the build. For new product design and ongoing product improvement you will be contributing towards the design activities as part of a cross functional design team to continually upgrade and improve the range of standard product designs.
- Project assessment and review of customer requirements including technical support for sales.
- Project design to ensure customer requirements are converted into effective design solutions.
- Creation of bill of materials
- Supporting procurement activities with technical input.
- Supporting manufacturing activities throughout the build and completion process.
- Provide input to and contribute to standard product design improvements.
Key Skills and Experience
This role is ideally suited to an organised, proactive, and self-motivated individual with a systematic approach to design and documentation.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Experienced Mechanical Engineer educated to minimum HNC level.
- Broad design and draughting experience including 2D and 3D CAD (SOLIDWORKS).
- Experience of and ability to work to tight project deadlines.
- Comfortable with full range of PC office software applications
You will have good communication skills and can work as part of a small Engineering team.
35 hour week- early finish on Friday.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included