Business Development Manager – Aviation
Saffron Walden Head Office
Salary circa £45,000 + bonus, company car/car allowance and other perks
In support of a growing electro-mechanical engineering SME who specialise in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of an extensive range of electrical connector products and connection systems for several industry sectors including aviation, rail, marine, and defence, we are seeking a Business Development Manager to increase market share in the Aviation sector and capitalise on the success of recent product launches.
This a mainly a hunting role, working with existing accounts to seek further opportunities whilst identifying and targeting new companies to approach. You will also manage all aspects of customer relationships within the Aviation sector and be the voice of the customer in the business. You'll also actively drive business with established key accounts, working with Airports, selected global distributors, first tier civil engineering businesses and consultant.
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for:
- Influencing and selling to Aviation customers, resulting in increasing profitable order intake.
- Providing sales orders at or above profitable target levels that meet or exceed budget or target levels.
- Maintaining market awareness around all solution areas through networking, researching and analysing the global Aviation and Ground Support Equipment markets.
- Budget, forecast and update the Sales Manager and other key internal stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining collaborative communication and working with the Directors, other BDM's, Service Engineers, Engineering, Finance and Operations teams.
- Representing the company in a professional manner through all communications that promote growth in business relationships, sales and future profitability.
To apply for this Business Development Manager role, you will need relevant experience in a similar role. You will also require the following:
- Understanding electrical components such as connectors, relays and switches
- Knowledge of Aviation Ground Power market an advantage but not essential.
- The ability to travel as needed in the UK and globally.
If this full-time hybrid Business Development Manager role motivates and inspires you, please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included