Do you have vehicle system knowledge with the ability to fault find? If so, we want to hear from you. Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping a collaborative company recruit a Powertrain Diagnostic Technician for a 12-month contract in Cranfield, and the role comes with a contract rate of £17.32 per hour PAYE (Inside IR35). Please note, we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
As a Powertrain Diagnostic Technician, you will lead investigations of powertrain faults and performance issues. You will also prepare and build vehicles or components for tests in line with local procedures and engineering manuals. This role will include regular travel and overtime.
In your first few weeks in this Powertrain Diagnostic Technician role, you can expect to:
- Support testing in static and dynamic conditions to gather accurate, timely, and quality test data/results
- Support evaluation and concern identification including liaison with the Test Engineer
- Support delivery of KPIs for the section
- Use skills to provide support to other sections as required.
To apply for this Powertrain Diagnostic Technician role, you will need a C&G / BTEC L3 in mechanical or automotive engineering with a recognised apprenticeship. You will also require the following:
- A fundamental understanding of vehicle disassembly, assembly, and maintenance techniques
- Vehicle system knowledge with the ability to fault-find
- An electronic or electrical background (automotive)
- Experience within the vehicle or component test environments (preferred)
- Understanding of basic component measurement techniques preferred but not essential.
To apply please send your CV to Dave.Harris@jonlee.co.uk
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included