Jonathan Lee Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Substances/Materials Compliance Engineer to join our client's inclusive and collaborative team. This contract Substances Compliance Engineer role is based in Cranfield and offers a umbrella rate of £25.96 per hour PAYE INSIDE IR35.
As a Substances/Materials Compliance Engineer, you will be working alongside Materials Regulations, Compliance and Sustainability section. You will cross-functionally work across the complete business (R&D, Manufacturing, After-sales) globally (Europe, Japan, India) to support parts design, vehicle development and materials testing/validation.
To give you an idea of how this Substances/Materials Compliance Engineer role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Coordinate the gathering and the validation of substances and materials composition information of vehicles and parts
- Monitor compliance with regulations related to substances (POP, REACH, CLP) and materials (ELV, RRR)
- Contribute to vehicle interior air quality by testing materials, parts, and vehicles for their emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Secure the modification of articles and chemicals towards the use of suitable substances
To apply for this Substances/Materials Compliance Engineer role, you will need a degree or equivalent in chemistry or materials science, five years of experience in the industry and successful experience in compliance or regulatory activities, preferably applied to substances and materials. You will also require the following:
- Knowledge of International Material Data System (IMDS)
- Knowledge of iPoint Software (iPoint Compliance Agent and its modules)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Competency with PC applications, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included