Our client is a specialist distribution business supplying food processing machinery & equipment, consumables, and servicing, throughout the UK & Ireland and has been trading for 25 years. They pride themselves on their adaptability and flexibility, which enables them to provide best-in-class service to their customers. They have an opening for a Finance Assistant to provide accounts and administrative support, assist the finance team with daily transactions, and improve service levels to internal and external stakeholders.
The Finance Assistant will ensure the accurate and timely preparation, analysing reporting of information for business needs, and assist with end-to-end finance processes. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with excellent attention to detail, that is looking to develop professionally and grow in a finance role. Our client is offering an attractive study package to allow the Finance Assistant to undertake a professional accountancy qualification.
- Maintain accurate and timely data on our Business Central system and business databases
- Assist with sales invoicing and sales administration
- Provide and maintain accurate data ensuring compliance for audit purposes
- Report regularly on inventory, stock and administer the KPI dashboard
- Assist with data processing for management accounts
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders, sales managers and sales team
- Assist with supplier management, raising PO’s and invoices
- Provide general finance administration
- Provide support and cover for other team members’ duties in their absence
- Experience working within a finance or accounts team or office environment
- Competency in MS Office applications with a good knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work effectively, managing regular tasks and meeting strict deadlines
- Confidence to handle a variety of numerical data and documentation, demonstrating analytical skills
- Ability to identify, investigate and resolve internal customer queries and problems
- Confidence to deal with internal and external stakeholders, building and maintaining good working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident telephone manner, with the ability to build rapport at all levels
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent gained by experience or willingness to undertake a relevant qualification upon commencing the role
Hours: Mon - Fri 9-5
Salary: Upto £26,000 DOE
If this role sound interesting to you, get in touch today for more info or please apply via the link!
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included