Are you an NPI Engineer seeking an opportunity to lead the development and launch of new products within the automotive industry? Our client is a forward thinking organisation seeking an Engineer who can project manage the NPI activities across the business working closely with customers and suppliers, in return they will offer excellent career progression and development along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
As an NPI Engineer you will be responsible for;
- Monitoring new projects from the start of design, through to delivery to production inclusive of ramp up to full volume.
- Covering feasibility on projects including process, material, tools and fixtures.
- Project sign off, including tooling and process buy off, run at rate with comparison to QAF, and full system buy off against tracker.
- Identifying capacity restraints on machine, tools or part storage and make recommendations for approval.
- Customer liaison including presentations, off site visits, completion of support plans and in general communicate throughout project.
Additional responsibilities as an NPI Engineer will be to;
- Liaise with Engineering to ensure Routes / BOM is correct on new projects before handover to Manufacturing.
- Make recommendations for process improvements working closely with the Manufacturing team to close any gap identified above.
- Monitor Capital Projects aligned to new projects, ensuring timings are adhered too and are in place to meet PSW commitment.
- Support and chair meetings with customers, internal APQP meetings and attend production meetings where appropriate.
- Work with Project and tooling Engineers on snagging issues to ensure tools are bought off for production capability not just PSW.
Applications are welcomed from NPI Engineers with the following experience;
- Track record within NPI and product launch, ideally within the automotive industry
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, PSW, BOM and Project Planning/Control
- Exposure with problem solving tools to include 8D, 5Y and Six Sigma
- Ability to deal with customers and suppliers during new product launch phases to ensure gateways, timing plans and budgets are effectively managed
Should you be interested in applying for the NPI Engineers position, please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included