Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains to recruit a Battery Management System (BMS) Calibration Engineer with a focus on battery management and hybridised powertrain applications. This full-time role is based in Peterborough and offers a salary of up to £60,000 p.a. and excellent benefits.
As a BMS Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for verifying and optimising the battery management systems of diesel hybrid and fully electrified powertrains. Your objective will be to ensure that all target criteria are met, and that the powertrain (ICE + hybrid electrical) operates at optimum efficiency in all operating conditions.
To give you an idea of how this engineering role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Develop and manage new powertrain calibrations using AVL and customer calibration tools and processes
- Develop and refine BMS test plans and plan/implement BMS and hybrid systems simulation study activities
- Support conceptualisation studies for future powertrain
- Analyse test data to understand the operation of the powertrain systems, controllers and calibration
- Lead assessment of simulation and test results and define next steps
To apply for this BMS Calibration Engineer role, you will need a minimum of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant engineering area (Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics/Automotive, etc). You will also need the following:
- An excellent understanding of battery and hybrid fundamentals and performance, including BMS development
- Good knowledge and experience of using Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with dataset management e.g., AVL CRETA, Vector vCDM or similar
- Good working knowledge of calibration tools such as ETAS Inca, Vector CANape etc
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to summarise and make clear technical recommendations across multifunctions.
You'll receive a salary of up to £60,000 and a generous benefits package for your knowledge, expertise and flexibility.
To apply for this full-time BMS Calibration Engineer job in Peterborough, please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today. Please refer any friends or colleagues for this role or direct them to our Careers page on our website.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included