Fuel Injection Technician
Up to £19.65/hr - Inside IR35
12 month initial contract
A Fuel Injection Technician opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product working predominantly with engine components or systems to validate for performance and durability.
- Follow documented standard work procedures/instructions, using various hand, power tools and lifting equipment provided in the work area.
- Operate test equipment and conducts investigation as directed by an engineer to obtain, analyse and summarise data.
- Records evaluation results in appropriate form (curves, charts, tables, sketches, photographs) with the appropriate tools (hardcopy, software, etc.) to engineer for inclusion in technical reports. Depending on experience and demonstrated skills, may handle limited objective, moderately complex jobs without engineer's guidance.
- Technicians will be expected to have direct contact with components working in the lab and with test rigs; observing, operating and testing the product or component, together with recording of various test data measurement points.
- Keep the work area clean, tidy, and safe in line with 5S and total preventative maintenance (TPM).
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- The ability to use hand/power tools and lifting equipment
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with various levels of the organisation.
- The ability to set up various tests on either a bench or test rig, following procedures and schematics for fluid flow and measurement with flow meters and pressure transducers.
- Preferred but not essential attribute would be to have experience of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Applicants will have a practical mechanical engineering background, ideally apprentice trained.
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you'll receive a generous contract per hour rate of £19.65 and be joining a friendly and inclusive culture. Initial 12 month contract with likely extension and opportunities to go permanent in the future.
If this contract Fuel Injection Technician job motivates and inspires you, please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included