Do you have engine validation or development experience, and are you seeking a new hybrid contract in Peterborough? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping a manufacturer of off-highway machinery find a Mechanical Development Engineer, and the contract role comes with a rate of £40-£45/hr - Inside IR35
As an Engine Development Engineer you will be responsible for developing core engine components and systems designed and manufactured by the company's Industrial Power Systems Division. Core components include in-cylinder, block/head, sealing systems, bolted joints, bearings, geartrain, pumps, lubrication and cooling systems and FEAD.
To give you an idea of how this flexible role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Conduct core engine system validation consisting of static and dynamic rigs, dyno and machine testing.
- Conduct risk assessment through effective FMEA generation on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Understand technical issues as they arise and execute root cause analysis through relevant tools, methods, data analysis and testing to resolve the issue.
- Conduct and generate reports to support component and system design reviews.
To apply for this engineering role, you will need a bachelor's degree in accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science. You will also require the following:
- Knowledge of diesel engine core systems such as rotating systems, valvetrain, castings, lubrication, breather and cooling systems.
- Validation experience of mechanical components and systems, including rig and complete system testing.
As a vital member of the team and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach and commitment, you'll receive an umbrella contract per-hour rate of £40-£45 and the chance to join a supportive and welcoming team.
Please get in touch with the Jonathan Lee Recruitment team today to apply for this Mechanical Development Engineer contract in Peterborough. We'd love to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfil your professional ambitions.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included