Electromagnetics Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems – Nottingham - £ Competitive
The purpose of this role will be to provide specialist electromagnetics knowledge for industrialisation focussed, individual and collaborative programmes, in the area of electrical machines and drive systems. You will work with high-profile and international industry partners, within Driving the Electric Revolution – Nottingham Drives Specialist Services (NDSS)
As Electromagnetics Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems – you will:
- Apply your industry knowledge of electromagnetic design to deliver successful project outcomes, on a wide variety of high-profile cross-sector projects.
- Have knowledge of both quick-sizing and static and transient electromagnetic simulation techniques.
- Be experienced in a range of electric machine topologies, the manufacturing processes and materials used in high performance electric machines.
- Loss analysis and NVH appreciation. Design for manufacture, low and high volume. Prototype build.
- Bench and dyno testing.
As Electromagnetics Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems - you will have:
- A broad and deep knowledge of electromagnetic design applied to electrical machines and drives.
- High-level analytical capability to facilitate conceptual thinking, innovation and creativity. Including the ability to devise, advise on and manage complex programmes.
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary research teams and projects including in the planning, tasking, resource management, liaison with partners and dissemination of researcher results.
- Organisational skills, being able to work well with a diverse cross functional team.
- A proven track record of developing, applying and delivering experimental and modelling research methodologies and techniques.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included