If you have Mechanical Engineering experience and are seeking a flexible new role with hybrid working options, Jonathan Lee Recruitment wants to hear from you. We are helping a start-up find a full-time Interior Trim Design Engineer in the UK, and the role comes with an attractive salary and benefits package for your expertise.
The Interior Trim Design Engineer will build relationships with parallel engineering functions, Design and Studio Engineering, key business stakeholders, internal and external subject matter experts, business analysts, functional consultants and project managers. You will also present to senior leadership within the organization.
During your first few weeks in this Interior Trim Design Engineer role, you can expect to begin work on some of the following:
- CAD development of the chosen Interior Trim commodities
- Lead the CAD development of the commodities from concept to engineering drawing release, working alongside the commodity owners, package, design & studio engineering, quality, and procurement teams
- Lead the data management of the virtual BoM for the Interior Trim CAD parts & assemblies in collaboration with the PLM team
- Ensure data transfer and 3D/2D drawing release deadlines are met aligned to programme and build timing
We are looking for an Interior Trim Design Engineer with a Mechanical engineering degree (or equivalent) and an expert understanding of interior trim technologies, including materials, surface finish (texture), surface treatment (painting/plating), secondary processes (wrapping/lamination), injection moulding, compression forming, vac forming, assembly, welding/bonding and other joining methods. Additional qualifications include:
- Understanding of vehicle package and component integration
- Understanding of design surface issue resolution and integration
- 10 years of experience in Automotive Body/Trim Engineering
- Expert user of Computer Aided Design software, Siemens NX preferable
- Excellent project management skills
In return for your dedication, collaboration, and commitment, you'll receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a welcoming and inclusive culture. You'll have access to:
- Hybrid working environment (possibility of WFH and flexible working hours)
- Internal learning & development programme and knowledge sharing with experts
- Good company culture of feedback, radical transparency, open communication, and equal opportunities to share ideas
- Additional financial and wellbeing packages
Please get in touch with our Jonathan Lee Recruitment team today to apply and register your interest in this full-time Interior Trim Design Engineer position. They'd be thrilled to hear from you.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included