Do you have mechanical engineering experience, and are you seeking a new job in the UK? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping a start-up find an Exterior Trim Design Engineer, and the role comes with an attractive salary, benefits, and hybrid working options.
As an Exterior Trim Design Engineer, you will build good relationships with parallel engineering functions, Design and Studio Engineering, key business stakeholders, internal and external subject matter experts, business analysts, functional consultants and project managers. You will also present to senior leadership within the organization.
Some of your primary duties as Exterior Trim Design Engineer will include:
- CAD development of the chosen Exterior Trim commodities
- Guide the CAD development of the commodities from concept to engineering drawing release, working alongside the commodity owners, package, design & studio engineering, quality, and procurement teams
- Lead the data management of the virtual BoM for the Exterior Trim CAD parts & assemblies in collaboration with the PLM team
- Ensure data transfer and 3D/2D drawing release deadlines are met and aligned to programme and build timing
The ideal Exterior Trim Design Engineer applicant will have a Mechanical engineering degree (or equivalent) and an expert understanding of exterior trim technologies, including materials, surface finish (texture), surface treatment (painting/plating), secondary processes, injection moulding, compression forming, vac forming, RRIM, assembly, welding/bonding and other joining methods. You will also require the following:
- Understanding of vehicle package and component integration
- Understanding of design surface issue resolution and integration
- 10 years of experience in Automotive Body/Trim Engineering
- Expert user of Computer Aided Design software, Siemens NX preferable
- Excellent project management skills and cross-functional communication skills
You'll receive an excellent salary and benefits package for your knowledge, expertise and flexibility. Benefits include:
- Hybrid working environment (possibility of WFH and flexible working hours)
- Internal learning & development programme and knowledge sharing with experts
- Good company culture of feedback, radical transparency, open communication, and equal opportunities to share ideas
- Additional financial and wellbeing packages
We'd love you to apply for this full-time remote Exterior Trim Design Engineer job in the UK, and we're waiting to hear from you. Please get in touch with Jonathan Lee Recruitment today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included