Chief Composites Engineer
A Chief Composites Engineer is required to join an engineering team who are working on the design and development of light helicopters for the global market. The company design, develop and manufacture their products in the UK.
They are a pioneering aerospace manufacturer disrupting the market with ground-breaking new aircraft and modern vertically integrated approach to development & manufacturing.
With extensive financial backing and a growing order book they are seeking to grow their engineering team and require a Chief Composites Engineer join their team. The Chief Composites Engineer will utilize their technical and engineering leadership skills to deliver new flight structures.
The Chief Composites Engineer will report directly to the Group CEO
What's in it for you?
- An excellent opportunity to work on highly innovative projects using your skills and experience to deliver iconic aircraft to the global market
- Exciting opportunity to work for a pioneering British owned company and share in their growing success as a fast-growing organisation
- Work within a smaller engineering team where outstanding performance is recognised & rewarded
- Highly competitive salary with extensive benefits
As Chief Composites Engineer - you will be required to;
- Provide composites design leadership at architecture, system, and component level
- Provide detailed analysis, optimisation, and verification leadership
- Provide leadership on verification, validation and certification of all areas of the structures
- Lead, grow and manage the multi-disciplinary team of specialists to deliver composite structures and components to specification and on budget
- Develop & execute the testing, validation, and certification plan
- Manage, drive and deliver the day-to-day operations of the composites programme
- Work hand-in-hand with Chief Production Engineer for prototype and series production
As Chief Aircraft Engineer - you will have;
- Degree qualified or equivalent with proven leadership experience in the delivery of advanced engineered composite structures
- Have a world class knowledge of composite structures, materials, design, development, analysis and production techniques
- Be capable of planning and executing the development of new composite structures end-to- end, quickly and autonomously
- Have the confidence, competence, strength, integrity, and interpersonal skills to take full ownership of the composite development programme and drive the composites team to a successful outcome.
- Have extensive knowledge of pre-preg and infusion methods.
- Have extensive knowledge of pattern making, mould making and associate production processes.
- Have extensive experience in both development and productions environments
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included