Head of Approvals, Certification and Airworthiness
Our client is a privately owned designer and manufacturer of light helicopters with planned commencement of supply to an existing global customer base in 2024/25. Having captured a 56% market share with their modern, high-performance, turbine powered aircraft, as their business grows, they are seeking an experienced certification and approvals leader to join their team and drive current and future organisational, aircraft, engine approval programmes forward, sharing in the success.
Following a 'Skunk Works' type approach to aircraft and engine development, that has cut out the viscosity and bureaucracy of big-company, aerospace development and production, this is an opportunity to be in at the ground floor with a new British aircraft and aero-engine manufacturer, that can deliver levels of professional fulfilment, financial security and rewards unmatched by any business in the sector, particularly the large OEM's.
Recognising the level of experience for this type of role, this position is considered to be truly fulfilling which will transform both an entire industry sector and your future alike.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record for delivering aircraft certification and leadership of certification programmes, ideally in GA, small business jet or helicopters. The role will require the candidate to directly lead and supervise the delivery organisations' aircraft and engine approvals initially in the UK and then in 56 future and planned countries.
The successful candidate will:
- Be seeking a role in which they can take ownership of the programme both technically and operationally, deploy their technical and engineering leadership skills to rapidly deliver a full spectrum of world-class approvals without the burden of big-company bureaucracy.
- Be seeking a long term, life-chaining role in which outstanding performance is rewarded with outstanding remuneration, professional recognition and benefits.
- Have a world class knowledge of aerospace approvals for organisations (DOA, POA, FTOA & MOA) in the UK and around the world.
- Be capable of planning and executing the delivery of the company's approvals for organisation, aircraft and engine end-to-end.
- Have the confidence, competence, strength, integrity, and interpersonal skills to take full ownership of the approvals programme and drive the aircraft teams to a successfully delivering approved aircraft & engines.
- Review aircraft and engine designs and support design optimisation from a certification perspective.
- Provide leadership on verification, validation planning & documentation format and standards.
- Lead, grow and manage the multi-disciplinary team of specialists to deliver initial and foreign approvals for current and future products.
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Work with system specialists to develop & execute the testing, validation, and certification plan.
- Manage, drive and deliver the day-to-day operations of the approvals programme ensuring a properly co-ordinated and speedy delivery.
- Own the company's relationship with the UK CAA and foreign authorities.
- Report directly to the Group CEO.
This is truly a unique market role and comes with an excellent package and benefits as well as relocation support. Due to the dynamic and modern approach of this privately owned and financed company, all employees work from their sites in the Midlands (UK).
Considered a pioneering aerospace manufacturer disrupting the market with their ground-breaking new aircraft and modern vertically integrated approach to development & manufacturing, every element of the helicopter and engine design are designed and manufactured by them, in-house, at their production facilities.
The offering for appropriately qualified and suitable individuals is the opportunity to become a crucial part of their team developing, industrialising and supporting all products. Few, if any, organisations can provide the levels of professional fulfilment offered by such an exciting, fast-paced and game-changing aircraft development programme and our refreshing new approach to manufacturing. Furthermore, with such a fast-growing organisation, the only limit to your professional development and growth within our company is your own drive and ambition.
If interested in this Board-Level Salary with Extensive Benefits, then please apply directly and in confidence. Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included