Safety Engineer - Bristol/Hybrid/Remote
Jonathan Lee Recruitment is seeking an experienced Safety Engineer to support our clients' activity within the aerospace, marine and defence sector. These are full-time roles ideally based in Bristol, or on a hybrid/sister office opportunity. Due to upcoming projects and supporting continued growth, these roles will join an existing Systems & Safety team supporting key aerospace/defence/military projects in the marine/aerospace systems engineering domain.
These roles will be predominantly based in the Bristol office with occasional travel to their customer sites as required. As part of their commitment to flexibility, staff can choose to work from the sister offices in Preston or Derby if preferred. They will also accept hybrid working or fully remote working.
As part of the Systems and Safety team, the Safety Engineers will be responsible for the delivery of systems safety support to our business and our clients which will include activities such as:
- Providing safety input to bid, internal/external design review and/or certification related activities
- Guiding the safety programme requirements
- Collation of evidence and deliverables to support product safety argument generation
- Hazard identification & control
- Detailed analyses of complex systems using fault tree methodology
- Production of safety case reports
- System level analyses, integrating multiple sub-system inputs
- Platform loss modelling, integrating multiple system level analyses
- Zonal safety assessments (ZSA)
- Common mode / cause analyses (CMA/CCA)
- Particular risk analyses (PRA)
Candidates will ideally be degree qualified in a related discipline. In addition:
- The ability to lead activities within a team, work package creation, management, and delivery
- The personal qualities of the candidates will be key to success in this role which demands a self-motivated attitude, a professional approach, and good organisational skills. Candidates must be able to identify with the characteristics and qualities detailed below:
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, to work independently when required, and the organisation and drive to follow defined processes through to a successful outcome
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with people
- The confidence to question practices and the willingness to question to gain a full understanding of issues
Due to the nature of our clients' activity, security clearances may be required and therefore suitable nationalities / UK living status will be required.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included