Have you got experience working with plant, construction or agricultural machinery? Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Proving Test Technician to join a team who are heavily involved in a variety of powertrain installation projects into off-highway machines.
This full-time test technician role comes with a generous contract rate of £26.50 per hour - Inside IR35.
Primarily covering both mechanical and electrical aspects of powertrain integration, shakedown and test.
In your first few weeks in this Proving Test Technician role, you can expect to:
- Follow and work to Engineers instructions to install prototype, pilot and production powertrains into machines.
- Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Backhoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
- Instrument powertrains installs with, thermocouples, pressure transducers, speed pickups and other forms of sensors.Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both powertrain and machine.
- Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical and hydraulic)
- Manufacture parts from drawings using in house facilities (machining, welding and fabrication and fully equipped electronics lab).
To apply for this Proving Test Technician role, you will need a demonstrable high level of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of powertrain and machines. You will also require the following:
- Ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience or working towards or completed some form of relevant higher education (NVQ Level 3).
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- Good PC skills ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Good machine/engine hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic/problem solving skills.
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you'll receive a generous contract per hour rate of £26.50 and be joining a friendly and inclusive culture. Initial 12 month contract with likely extension and opportunities to go permanent in the future.
If this contract hybrid Proving Test Technician job motivates and inspires you, please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included