Do you have mechanical design experience, and are you seeking a new job? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is looking for 2 full-time Mechanical Design Engineers up to Senior level, and the role comes with an attractive salary and benefits package, including the chance to join a thriving UK company.
As a Senior / Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the mechanical design of a wide range of standard and special purpose machines and tooling for the lead acid battery industry, and providing technical support to other company departments. You will take the technical lead on specific projects as identified by the Technical Director/Engineering Manager or Team Managers.
In your first few weeks in this Mechanical Design Engineer role, you can expect to:
- Carry out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, prototyping and design verification testing, as required
- Agree to the mechanical design approach with the Engineering Manager and other Senior Mechanical Design Engineers
- Carry out risk assessments for safety regulations and CE compliance
- Be responsible for mechanical component selection taking into consideration standardisation, obsolescence, availability and cost
- Prepare and present mechanical designs at design reviews and generate minutes from Design Reviews.
To apply for this Mechanical Design Engineer role, you will need proven ability to understand and produce technical drawings. You will also require the following:
- The ability to coordinate with the other discipline Engineers (electrical, pneumatics and software) within the department to produce multidisciplinary design solutions
- The skill to report mechanical design status on the assigned tasks whenever asked.
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you'll receive a generous salary and benefits package of bonus scheme, income protection, life assurance, extra holiday awards, supportive benefits for mental health, online doctors, flexi time system.
If this full-time Mechanical Design Engineer job motivates and inspires you, please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today. We'd love to help you get your next role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included