Do you have experience producing 2D and 3D mechanical engineering drawings within a project-based environment, and are you seeking a new job? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping a collaborative company recruit a Senior Design Engineer, and this full-time role comes with an attractive salary and excellent benefits.
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be responsible for completing design work and producing unique 2D and 3D designs for issue to Production Engineering, the Model Manufacturing Centre and subcontract suppliers. This will allow efficient manufacturing of wind tunnel models, sub-assemblies and associated rigs.
During your first few weeks and months in this Senior Design Engineer role, you can expect to:
- Carry out design activities with minimal direction from the Design Team Leader, working within a budget and to the project schedule
- Assign Drawing Numbers (D Numbers) and Assembly Numbers (A Numbers) to parts within the scope of allocated work using 4C software
- Update Project Parts Lists with the status of design/drawing issue numbers and dates
- Carry out load/stressing calculations as required, and advise on material types/sizes
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Project Manager and all other key stakeholders within the project
To apply for this Senior Design Engineer role, you will need a minimum of HND or equivalent in a technical discipline. You will also require the following:
- Extensive experience in design, including the use of CATIA V5 and the production of 2D tolerance drawings within a project-based environment
- In-depth knowledge of high-precision scaled models or toolmaking
- Working understanding of model making or tool making disciplines and workflow of parts through the model or tool making process
- Sound understanding and experience in delivering Continuous Improvement and influencing change
If you're looking to impact and create change positively, you'll be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package for your inclusive and committed approach.
Please apply with Jonathan Lee Recruitment today if this full-time Senior Design Engineer job motivates and inspires you. We'd love to help you get your next role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included