Role: Modeller - Bedfordshire
Do you have Modelling, tool making or CNC machining skills, and strang attention to detail? Working with bespoke customer designs in low volume & one offs to create unique models.
Working as part of an integrated Design & Manufacturing team, the Modeller is responsible for producing high-value 1-off wind tunnel model components to quality, time and budget, in accordance with Project manufacturing tolerances and schedules. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to CNC milling, programming, setting and operating, hand working surfaces to remove machine marks, blending component joint lines to remove steps/gaps, fitting precision components, installing pressure tubing and assembling models.
In your first few weeks in this Modeller role, you can expect to:
- Complete off-line CNC programming using Delcam Powermill and Powershape
- Complete online programming using Heidenhein and CNC machine operation
- Carry out all aspects of fitting activity (hand working surfaces to remove machine marks, blending component joint lines to remove steps/gaps, fitting precision components, installing pressure tubing and assembling models)
- Ensure that the minimum direct booking requirement is achieved using correct project booking codes for work completed
- If handover of the work is required, ensure this it is carried out effectively and that adequate notes and technical advice are available
To apply for this Modeller role, you will need a solid understanding (at least foundation level) of Model Manufacturing Centre skills such as EDM wiring and plunge, turning, jig boring, grinding, CNC machining and hand working. You will also require the following:
- Experience in the effective and efficient bench fitting of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Proficient and experienced Modeller (preferably)
- Experience in tightly toleranced bespoke component manufacture
- A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced staff
In return for your passion and commitment, you'll receive an attractive salary and benefits package, joining a friendly and inclusive culture.
To apply for this full-time Modeller job , please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today. We'd love to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfil your professional ambitions.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included