Project Engineer - Vehicle Development/Design - Motorcycle
As part of the global Chassis development team and reporting to the Team Leader, we are looking for Project Engineers with experience of defining major components, assemblies and systems from concept to production, ensuring fulfilment of product attributes and requirements against targets.
Our client is a highly recognised motorcycle brand with real heritage in the UK and internationally. As the oldest motorcycle brand in continuous production, candidates should be able to apply and propagate design and development experience throughout the projects and manage the workload and technical development of a small group of engineers, assisting the Team Leader in effectively managing the team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage key aspects of new model development such as ABS, bodywork, wheels etc..
- Ownership and coordination of major vehicle development and testing activities.
- Manage a small team (1-3 people) of Design Engineers.
- Plan and oversee the delivery of many major chassis sub assemblies or systems within the requirements of the company’s New Product Introduction (NPI) system.
- Design systems and components for new and updated chassis projects, considering function, cost, manufacture, assembly and quality.
- Produce good quality 3D CAD models using Pro-Engineer.
- Produce good quality 2D engineering drawings.
- Follow and help maintain design, operational and quality procedures.
- Produce supporting documentation for designs, as required.
- Liaise with internal departments such as, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality and Assembly.
- Liaise with external international suppliers.
- Manage time and workload effectively.
- Represent the design team or PD department in interdepartmental meetings in the absence of the team leader.
- May manage the delivery of a derivative motorcycle.
- Assist in drafting &, updating RE design and development procedures
Candidates should have/be:
- Minimum of 2:1 degree (BEng / MEng) except in the case of relevant 2-wheel experience.
- Proficient in 3D CAD where possible – preferably Pro-Engineer / Creo.
- 6+ years relevant experience in a similar role in automotive/ mass production.
- A demonstrable track record in engineering design of components and sub assemblies.
- Extensive general knowledge of mechanical engineering design and specific knowledge of materials, manufacturing methods and legislative requirements, gained from an automotive background.
- Experience of creating and releasing 2D technical drawings.
- Understanding of geometric tolerances on 2D drawings.
- Thorough understanding of motorcycle chassis layout and construction where possible
- Excellent knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Good technical comprehension of at least some areas of chassis layout, design & amp; development.
If possible, also have:
- Practical experience of vehicle maintenance and preparation is advantageous.
- Some experience in designing too Regulatory requirements as applied to motorcycles.
- Past experience in analysis and optimisation of components and sub assemblies preferred
This position offers a competitive salary range. Therefore, if you are interested in these strategically focused (hybrid working) positions, then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included