Engineering Project Manager - 0709
To start ASAP - 12 month contract
Rate - £25.96/hr PAYE
- Ownership and proactive delivery of Project KPI's (QCT).
- Maintain understanding and visibility of the Vehicle development status against its performance metrics (quality cost timing KPI's), and communicate to line management and Assistant Chief Vehicle Engineer accordingly taking recovery actions where necessary
- Lead the preparation for Milestone Meetings, working proactively and cross functionally with all stakeholders to ensure a good understanding of the development status and prepare recovery plans where necessary.
- To coordinate cross functional & cross cultural global Alliance activities.
- Use strong analytical skills alongside technical knowledge to prepare, develop and review engineering proposals and schedules
- Promote, support and liaise with R&D engineering sections to: share project information, progress engineering concern resolution, facilitate cross-functional problem solving and manage project manpower against budgets.
- Support production builds in Alliance plants in order to ensure closure of key concerns raised through production trials, safe -launch, test and evaluation using technical analysis/knowledge.
- Promote and co-ordinate cost reduction activities - to deliver vehicle cost targets - and quality/customer satisfaction improvement activities.
- Where appropriate, propose and support with knowledge sharing and process improvement activities within the Department.
Prepare, manage and deliver the development program to meet QCT (Quality, Cost, Timing) targets against the Master Schedule.
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Engineering Degree (or similar STEM / Product / Industrial Design subject) or country specific equivalent and engineering experience (automotive or similar industry).
- Works with a high attention to detail with clear and precise reporting skills and the ability to present confidently to senior management.
- Technical prowess and keen curiosity in Automotive Engineering and Manufacturing, leading to an engineering background with a broad experience of vehicle development and a clear understanding the development process
- Strong experience of stakeholder, and vehicle development project management - as well as digital development, physical development and technical concern analysis
- Self-motivation to proactively identify what needs to be done rather than waiting to be told, by tracking, monitoring and reporting on assigned tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple complex work streams.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, to be able to appreciate a multicultural environment and be able to communicate clearly (using MS Outlook and Skype applications) with persons whose first language may not be English.
- An ability to interrogate and analyse data and clearly document actions and processes.
- High proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Project cost management experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.