Title: Skilled Maintenance Fitter
Contract Position based at: Solihull
Length of Contract: Until 31/3/24
Umbrella Rate: £21.15 per hour
The candidate will be responsible for the mechanical installation, modifications and improvement including product maturation exercises, all upper body inner zones 9RH / LH, 10RH / LH, 11.1, 11.2RH / LH, 22.1 for both L460 from AS6 - AS10 and L461 from AS1 - AS10.
- Assembly of Jigs, fixtures and BIW machine tools
- Working closely with Inspector to set and commission tooling
- Liaising with DMBI reading and understanding product measurement reports, assisting in product quality issue resolution and trend setting tooling as required including formally recording changes
- Assisting in solutions to overcome assembly of tooling issues
- All work carried out is required to comply with Assembly standard practice procedures and adhere to Health & Safety Guidelines Skills.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Competent in mechanical assembly to drawing whilst having sound knowledge of fits and tolerance in accordance with GD&T principles
- Ability to problem solve for both machine and product quality
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings (mechanical & pneumatic) with experience of following through to installation
- Competent in MIG & Arc welding techniques
- Banksman and Slinging experience with necessary training & certifications
- Forklift truck licence up to 5t
- Equipped with own comprehensive tool kit with suitable tools for the role
- Maintain assembly / commissioning issue reports and make suggestions for future improvements (Lessons Learned)
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included