Interior Engineer - Principal Technical Finance Engineer - JP00000705
Location - Cranfield
To start ASAP - 12 month contract
Rate: - £29.60/hr PAYE (Inside IR35)
Interior Team - Principal Technical Finance Engineer - Initially in Cockpit Module Team - Future modules.
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
Interior Principal Technical Finance Engineer
A Wide-Ranging Role for an Experienced Interior Engineer with a Pro-Active Mindset, Diligent Technical Cost Analysis & Reporting Skills.
Initially based in Cockpit Module & Interior Trim Team. As Technical Finance Engineer in Cockpit & Interior Design & Development, you will be part of a team of engineers which has played a part in making the UK's Best-Selling Vehicle. We are looking for an Experienced Interior Engineer with a good understanding of the cost breakdown of parts to ensure the team comes up with Competitive Design to Cost & achieves Sourcing with Tight Budget Constraints.
Preparation of detailed cost reports in Excel & top level cost skylines in PowerPoint will be required.
In this role you will also be given a specific Engineering Commodity to work on where you will be responsible to lead the development of a Cockpit &/or Interior Component from Quality/Cost/Delivery point of view. This includes the preparation of parts development schedules, ensuring performance standards are met, analyzing technical and cost data, leading concern investigations, managing suppliers and communicating cross-functionally with other Design sections and other functions.
You will have;
- Previous automotive design and development experience
- Previous experience of cost breakdown analysis and working in a technical/commercial cross functional team.
- Prior knowledge of interior cabin parts / modules
- Prior knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Valid driving licence and able to travel globally
What we offer;
- Remote Working Policy (2 Days per week)
- Flexible start / finish times
- Working hours Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm - early finish Friday
- Free onsite parking & subsidized restaurant
- A friendly & supportive environment
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.