Engineering Project Manager - Vehicle Development
Up to £29.60/hr - PAYE
Cranfield - Hybrid working
12 month initial contract (Long Term role)
- Project manage the development of automotive driver display products such as Instrument Clusters and HUDs with suppliers.
- Prepare functional specifications to support the part development.
- Lead regular progress meetings with global suppliers.
- Lead in-house reviews to ensure the parts are delivered in line with vehicle development targets for QCD.
- Review and approve part drawings submitted by suppliers.
- Manage the resolution of technical issues with in-house test departments and suppliers.
- Maintain part BOM at vehicle level.
- Parts delivery from suppliers achieving vehicle development milestones.
- OK judgements at in-house development reviews.
- Close control of part cost versus budget.
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Familiar with software development V cycle (1 year minimum).
- An understanding of basic electrical theory.
- Exposure to CAN communication (1 year minimum).
- Experience working as an Engineering Project Manager or Development Engineer (1 year minimum).
- Well organised and a good communicator.
- Competent with PC applications (MS office etc).
Beneficial but not essential
- Experience of driver facing display technologies or equivalent.
- Familiar with automotive electrical architecture or equivalent.
- Experience of automotive BOM management or equivalent.
- Experience of parts cost drivers and budget setting.
- Must be able to travel in the UK and abroad sometimes at short notice, typically for a few days to 2 weeks.
- Up to £29.60/hr PAYE - equivalent to £39.46 LTD.
- Hybrid working - 3 days on-site
- Job no: JP00000702/00703.
For further information, please give James Tilley a call on 01384 446126 or send your interest, with CV & cover letter to – email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.