Title: Vehicle Test Engineer - 38893
Division: Engineering Operations
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: - £23.07/hr Ltd umbrella
The candidate would join the Vehicle Safety Test Laboratories Test Team at Gaydon to conduct Physical Destructive Testing on components, systems and vehicles to meet Passive Safety targets.
The candidate will be working closely with customers, the data is used to progress engineering development or to be used for compliance evidence by witness authorities and others.
Candidate should have the ability to translate regulation and requirement test protocols, and using a variety of modern test equipment, instrumentation and data acquisition systems, the candidate will manage the test through to completion and produce a test report on time. Initially the work will be on day, but the role may require being on shifts later in the year (earlies and lates).
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of physical testing in a laboratory.
- Working knowledge of Passive Safety Regulations and requirements, including the FMVSS and ECE.
- Working knowledge of Instrumentation and Data Acquisition Systems. e.g. force, displacement, acceleration.
- Previous experience of working in a Vehicle Safety Test Laboratory, using rigs, sleds or whole Vehicle Crash Testing.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a related field (e.g. Engineering, Motorsport, Aerospace, Physics).
The role is initially on days, with likelihood of option to work shifts from Winter.
The flexibility to work shifts would be helpful.
The pattern is Week i.e.1 week on earlies followed by next week on lates, etc. No nights.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.