Suspension and Tyre Design Development Principal Engineer - JP00000695
To start ASAP - 12 month contract
Rate: - £29.60/hr PAYE
- Responsible for the design of suspension tuning components (springs / stabilizer bars / top mounts / bump stops / bushes / strut bearings) that are aligned with best-in-class handling and comfort
- Development and Target setting for tyres, taking into account performance requirements set by the Performance Planning teams, as well as cost and quality.
- Perform CAD operation in NX Teamcenter
- Optimize designs within the vehicle package space
- Generate engineering data (models, drawings, specs) to allow manufacture of these designs
- Participate in the sourcing process and interface with the supply chain team and suppliers as required
- Ensure the proper application of new designs on development vehicle builds
- Establish manufacturing, assembly and service feasibility
- Complete and release system, sub-system and detail designs into the bill of materials
- Perform root cause analysis on warranty concerns and develop suitable countermeasures
- Establish clear Budget and subsequent validation of cost monitoring throughout the development.
- Complete component and system validation, ensuring performance targets are met
Responsible for technical design and development of suspension and Tyres components, in support of vehicle development programs. This role will be cross functional working with the rest of the chassis team, aerodynamics team, fuel economy teams and many others to ensure vehicle level performances are achieved
Throughout the development cycle of new vehicles, this role will also become involved in various other activities such as vehicle testing, manufacturing trials, and quality assessments. Exposed also to, and be expected to participate in the engineering activities related to the component budget setting and cost monitoring during the development, in conjunction with the commodity buyer..
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Suspension / tyre development with major automotive OEM or first tier supplier.
- Experience of vehicle packaging, and vehicle durability requirements.
- Knowledge of parts development requirements and manufacturing requirements.
- Experience of working on multiple projects, and ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to act on own initiative, work to deadlines, and keep commitments
- Experienced team player, with ability to motivate and guide colleagues toward timely delivery against objectives.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships and effective communication with colleagues in the global organisation and supplier network.
- Skill to manage the suspension / tyre development Suppliers and internal process within the project schedule.
- Knowledge of resolving development, launch and warranty issues related with suspension components and sub systems.
- Problem solving skill using logical process (Problem Analysis, FTA)
- Cost benchmarking skill
- Use of 3D viewing tools (NX Teamcentre) and release tools
- MS Office software / Excel advanced level.
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.