Jonathan Lee Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and collaborative Cost Engineer for Body in White (BIW) to join our client's inclusive and thriving team. This full-time Body in White (BIW) role is based in Cranfield and offers a favourable rate ranging between £25.96 to £33 per hour PAYE dependent on experience (Inside IR35).
As a Cost Engineer for Body in White (BIW), you will support the current permanent BIW cost engineers based both in the UK and Spain in cost estimation for component piece cost and vendor tooling for Body In White components. You will also support budget setting for full and minor change programmes and support the PDT in negotiation with the suppliers (This may require travel to the supplier's facilities).
To give you an idea of how this flexible role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Achieve cost avoidance target of €4m ( made up of piece price / VT, etc)
- Support the department in delivering the KPIs by doing Design change note costing in line with project requirements
- Support Supplier claims / DCMS costing / PDT joint activities
- Support budget setting for full and minor change programs
- Validate cost reduction ideas within the Design Change Management system (DCMS)
To apply for this Cost Engineer for Body in White (BIW) role, you will need a design or engineering qualification and CAD interrogation skills. You will also require the following:
- Previous experience gained within a press or welding shop manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of materials and processes used in manufacturing of BIW components, stamping (all types), Welding ( manual and robotics), and Coating
- A valid driving licence and the ability to travel globally
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you'll receive a generous contract per hour rate of up to £33/hr PAYE and be joining a friendly and inclusive culture.
We'd love you to apply for this contract Cost Engineer for Body in White position in Cranfield, and we're waiting to hear from you. Please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today.
Please note we are unable to progress candidates who require sponsorship.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.