Engine Test Technician
Up to £19.50/hr - Inside IR35 (shifts are available at a 35% shift premium - £26.33/hr)
12 month rolling contract
Do you have engine and mechanical diagnostic experience, and are you seeking a new job in Peterborough? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping a respected company recruit a full-time Engine Test Technician, and the role comes with an attractive hourly rate.
As an Engine Test Technician, you will be involved in a variety of diesel engine research and development activities, ranging from engine installation into test cells, along with fitting work and component changes, to running test programmes to engineering requirements in certification, performance and validation areas.
In your first few weeks in this Engine Test Technician role, you can expect to:
- Follow documented standard work procedures/instructions to perform safe and defect-free installations of engines into test cells along with the connection of test measurement and associated equipment and services that allow for high-quality data collection.
- Liaise and communicate with engineers responsible for engine test programmes.
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both engines and test cell equipment.
To apply for this Engine Test Technician role, you will need previous experience in motor vehicle maintenance or engine testing. The following are also required:
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with various levels of the organisation.
- Engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience (beneficial).
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you'll receive a generous contract per hour rate, joining a welcoming and inclusive culture.
If this contract Engine Test Technician job in Peterborough motivates and inspires you, please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today. We'd love to help you get your next role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.