Jonathan Lee Recruitment is on the lookout for a Connected Car TCU Design Engineer to work on a 12-month contract in Cranfield. You'll develop TCU software improvements to support feature and quality improvements for mass-production vehicles sold across the AMEIO region. The role offers a pay rate of up to £34.00/hr PAYE inside IR35.
The Connected Car TCU Design Engineer will create schedules for component development and management against quality timelines. You'll also take responsibility for Project KPIs (Cost, Quality, Delivery), cost optimisation idea generation and implementation, and telematics feature development. You'll be provided with a laptop and test equipment to perform the job duties.
To give you an idea of how this flexible role would look and feel, here are some things you could expect to do:
- Establish a solid FOTA process to enable quick deployment to market
- Generation and release of TCU configuration data
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets
- Coordinate in-house and supplier TCU validation to car design standards ahead of new software releases
- Collaborate with Off Board Connected Car team, test teams (both on-board and off-board) and customer-orientated engineering team to confirm connected car functionality & performance
To apply for this Connected Car Design Engineer role, you will need experience in automotive electrical and electronic development or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience in a major development program. Additional qualifications include:
- Understanding and experience in telematics system development
- Experience managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of complex electronic products
- Understanding of both IOT and vehicle-level protocols
- Experience coordinating complex BOM releases
- Availability to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions, could be longer
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
To apply for this inclusive and collaborative contract Connected Car TCU Design Engineer job in Cranfield, please get in touch with Jonathan Lee Recruitment today. We'd love to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfil your professional ambitions.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.