Subcontract Manager - Attractive - Permanent - Defence and Aviation Systems - Leicestershire
A Subcontract Manager is required to join a market leading Innovative Defence Systems and Aviation Company. The Subcontract Manager will manage allocated subcontract programmes to cost, quality, specification and schedule. The Subcontract Manager will work within the Purchasing Team of a company in the Aerospace and Defence industry where high quality and meeting customer expectations are paramount, with duties and tasks as follows:
Subcontract Manager - Key Responsibilities
- Act as principal point of contact with assigned suppliers.
- Manage allocated subcontract programmes to cost, quality, specification and schedule.
- Select, manage and maintain approval of suppliers across multiple projects.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with allocated suppliers.
- Ensure that suppliers adhere to company's quality assurance requirements.
- Purchase direct items or services including technical aerospace and defence components.
- Negotiate with suppliers on price, lead-time and other aspects to ensure best value.
- Understand supplier risk assessments and support risk mitigation and avoidance actions.
- Formulate and implement procurement strategies to meet the needs of programme.
- Coordination of requirements in cooperation with the wider Operations Team.
- Accountable for placement of purchase orders to achieve Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that internal stakeholders are briefed on progress, issues, risks and mitigation plans.
- Adherence to and maintenance of company policy and procedures.
- Drives monthly or weekly progress reviews with the suppliers.
- Identify and mobilise subject matter experts to support subcontract management activities.
- Verify that all activities required to ensure supplier products are compliant.
- Efficient management of any supplier change requests with external & internal stakeholders.
- Travel to suppliers in the UK and / or overseas as required.
Technical Skills and Experience for Subcontract Manager
- Requires an understanding of the objectives, project plan, key events and milestones.
- The Subcontract Manager will bring maturity and credibility when engaging with suppliers.
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Strong inter-personal and people management skills, able to build rapport and relationships.
- Able to Lead cross functional teams orientated around specific supplier activities.
- A keen negotiator and influencer
- Able to adapt, focus and prioritise according to the challenge at hand
- Capable of resolving conflict arising from the demands of multi-directional management
- Good attention to detail, meticulous and well organised.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience of managing high value and high-risk subcontracts within Aerospace or Defence.
- Management experience in a multi-disciplined project environment.
- Experience of programme planning and risk management.
- CIPS qualification and membership is desirable
- Background in engineering development and programme management preferred.
- Familiarity with technical drawings and data, sourcing and identifying suppliers
- Fluent in operating MRP systems and creating purchase orders.
- Good working knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft office toolset.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Subcontract Manager then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 44627 or email suitable MS Word CV's to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.