Infotainment Project Management Engineer - JP00000639
To start ASAP - 12 months assignment
Rate: - £29.60/hr PAYE
Deliverables / Description
- Implementation of Navigation and Audio systems for all vehicles manufactured in Europe.
- Negotiate and coordinate specification and vehicle specific requirements with Global teams in Japan and North America.
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Managing in house and supplier validation of components to design standards.
- Collaboration with customer orientated engineering teams to ensure global products match European customer requirements.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
- Status reporting to management at all levels
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Have an understanding and experience of automotive Navigation system developments or similar
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Affable and energetic personality.
- Flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Understand Mechanical Engineering principles, electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Knowledge of software and hardware development.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
- Competent with PC applications. MS office, etc.
- Knowledge of CAN.
- Knowledge of software programming and software quality assurance.
- Knowledge of Antenna or Communications technology.
- Understanding of electronic mass production techniques and processes.
- Working knowledge of CAD systems such as IDEAS or NX
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.