Exterior Visibility Systems Principal Engineer (Lamps, Wiper, Mirror) - 634 / 636
To start ASAP - 12 months assignment
Rate: - £29.60/hr PAYE
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Development of exterior visibility parts to meet the design spec and styling intention
- Design release of parts on time and on budget
- Supplier test plan and quality management to achieve design standards
- Clear and concise reporting of concerns and part development/delivery issues
- Working with styling, project management, purchasing, test and manufacturing departments to take exterior visibility parts from design concept to manufacture. Evaluation and root cause analysis investigation of market concerns.
- Responsibility for development of exterior visibility parts including, but not limited to, headlamps, rear lamps, mirrors, light levelling systems, wiper systems.
- Responsibility for budget calculation and allocation of parts listed above.
- Travel is required to other facilities for build support and styling design reviews, and suppliers for part inspections and technical meetings
- The contractor would not be required to provide training to others, but would be expected to actively participate in design reviews sharing their knowledge and experience
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Automotive engineer with exterior lighting, mirrors or other visibility parts development experience
- Ideally degree level qualified
- Experience of development process and systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
- Experience of NX and TeamCenter
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.