Market Quality Principal Engineer - JP00000631
To start ASAP - 12 months assignment
Inside IR35 - PAYE only contractors
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Carry out successful diagnosis of vehicles in the field through practical examination/experiment
- Creation of clear, detailed reports as a result of investigations so R&D function can then act upon the findings (5 day max lead time)
- Creation and maintenance of FTA, Warranty analysis to aid the planning of vehicle test/investigation
- This role is for an engineer whose primary purpose is to go into the field internationally and investigate customer vehicles with concerns related to Electrical/Electronic/ADAS areas.
- They need to already have and develop personal proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools and software systems for the investigation of vehicle electrical concerns. (Including Nissan internal tools for which training will be given on the job)
- This includes: Expert use of Vector CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe, data logging devices.
- Regularly attend new vehicle launch Task Force meetings to support investigation of new model market concerns and identify root cause to enable urgent resolution and countermeasure during task force period.
- These activities will be planned, led and carried out by Market Quality Engineer. Collaboration with the appropriate Design and Test sections is available within R&D function as required for support.
- Responsible for arranging investigation, test equipment, test procedures and necessary design information for effective investigation work.
- To then clarify root cause of specific concerns (where possible) and clarifying concern conditions and customer expectations.
- Responsible for timely issue of Quick Report detailing the results and conclusions of field investigations.
- Support Ad-Hoc in house quality related activities in times of high workload/urgent situations (development testing, warranty data analysis etc)
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Working Experience in OEM electrical/ADAS design and/or test section
- Proficient in the use of diagnostic tools and software (CANalyzer, CANape,CANoe, data logging)
- Electrical trouble shooting experience and problem solving skill
- Strong data analysis skills
- Working experience of quality tools such as FTA/KT to aid in problem definition/resolution before investigation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be self-managed when in the field
- HND or Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent).
- Willingness to travel. The MQE role is intended to be frequently mobile - traveling nationally/internationally to help establish root cause of concerns on customer vehicles - flexibility at short notice (2-4 days) is required.
- During movement restrictions (due to COVID) etc. this will be limited, but once these ease expectation will be this role is actively travelling on a regular basis.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office tools for report creation
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.