A respected designer, manufacturer and builder of award-winning race engines requires a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their small talented team based in Basildon.
What you'll be doing:
- Design/analysis of critical components for a specific race program and Historics business
- Implement engine build manuals and technical documents from the ground up, referenced daily by engineers and build staff
- Fault analysis of failed components, determining the cause and producing failure reports to distribute across the engineering team
- Communicating with external suppliers for fault analysis and product development
- Data analysis from track and dyno data to spot anomalies
- Using Catia V5 to create models, assemblies and technical drawings
Skills helpful for the role:
- Degree qualified with experience in a similar role at a professional motorsport level (powertrain), ideally F1, WEC, IndyCar, DTM or other relevant experience
- Efficient user of CATIA V5 for solid and surface modelling with technical drawings
- Data management and BoM control
- Capable of using structural analysis packages in CATIA for part optimisation
- Formal training of GD&T
- Data analysis of track & Dyno data in LifeView
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture
- Efficient at fault investigation, containment and rectification
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite user
What you'll get:
No Certificate of Sponsorship is available. Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer role and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Design Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.