over 1 year ago
A 3D Engineer is required to join a specialist harness manufacturer who are the market leader in Europe and one of the world's premier providers of standardized and customer-specific wiring systems for the automotive industry.
Reporting to the Project Team Leader, your duties will include:
- To liaise with System Owners progressing information relevant to 3D models
- Hands on creation of 3D models to produce harness drawings to customer standards
- To attend packaging meetings, presenting and justifying preferred solutions
- Deliver 3D models to project timing
- To jointly own specific harnesses, in conjunction with Manufacturing and Harness Engineers
- Support initial product builds at the Customer and manufacturing sites
- 3D Modelling experience
- Educated to HNC/Degree level, or equivalent, in an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to generate 3D designs suitable for manufacture and installation
- Prepared to travel to Customer and Supplier sites worldwide
- Understanding of harness product, vehicle installation, and manufacturing constraints an advantage.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- CAD tool understanding - Vesys / CATIA V5/V6
- DFMEA practical experience / knowledge of.
- Electrical harness engineering background
- AIMS, ECR's & Release process
- Quality tools such as APQP, DFMEA, 8D
- Cost understanding
- Ability to read and use engineering specifications & drawings
- Certified to use CATIA V5/ V6
- Certified to use Electrical Work Bench
- Trained and Certified to utilize Team Centre (TCe)
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.