£30.00 - £40.00 per hour
about 2 years ago
Job Title: Systems Simulation Engineer
Location: Peterborough, Desford or Peterlee
Contract length: 12 months
A leading off-highway organisation is in search of a Systems Simulation Specialist within their Energy and Transportation Systems Research Group. This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as will our US based sister team. The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery for Caterpillar within Europe, this includes global research responsibility for electrification and hybridisation systems integration and control.
- Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms
- Provide engineering guidance based on performing machine and powertrain level simulations
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs
- Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams
- Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
- Be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
- Have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink etc.)
- Technical Knowledge
- Demonstrate knowledge of engine or vehicle system fundamentals in order to develop improved models and analyses novel concepts
- Have an understanding of underlying theoretical principles of systems simulation and/or fluid networks
- Understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real world drive cycles
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.