Fitter Machinist - Bridgnorth
A great opportunity has arisen for a Fitter Machinist for a historic and unique company in railway locomotive engineering, to be based at their Bridgnorth facilities. The work will include low production volumes and the one off manufacture and fitting of components applicable to maintaining and rebuilding steam locomotive chassis and associated pipe work.
Purpose of the position:
The Fitter Machinist will carry out a range of fitting and machining work in the engineering workshops and on site as necessary. The ideal candidate will have a range of skills, including fitting in a heavy engineering area and experience of operating general machines including turning, milling, boring, drilling etc. all on conventional machine centres, along with general bench work and fitting skills.
- Undertake a range of fitting work, diagnostics, disassembly and assembly of plant and equipment, replacement of parts, modifications and the manufacture of new components as necessary.
- Refurbishment of plant and equipment applicable to locomotives.
- Carry out hot work including the use of Welding and cutting equipment.
- Complete work to the highest quality, within planned timelines, producing components to the required standard of accuracy.
- Return plant to serviceable condition in line with service/customer demands.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Apprentice trained or qualified in engineering or equivalent experience.
- Good Fitting experience in an Engineering environment
- Refurbishment of plant and equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, valves, feeders, louvres, grabs, pulleys, crushers, mills and other mechanical equipment.
- Experience of Welding and cutting equipment.
- Competently operate a range of traditional machine tools found in the workshop including manual lathes and milling machines.
- Experience in re-build / overhaul in a heavy engineering field.
- Working to a high maintenance and overhaul standard.
- Knowledge of locomotives desirable but not essential.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
- Contributory Pension.
- Rail travel discount pass.
- Overtime at time and a half
- Relocation package available if required
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01384446192. Rail01
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.