You are here:
Home / Expired Vacancy
Boilersmith - Bridgnorth
- Job reference:
Negotiable dependent upon experience
- Job type:
General Engineering, General Manufacturing, Rail
This vacancy has now expired.
Boilersmith - Bridgnorth
A great opportunity has arisen for a Boilersmith for a historic and unique company in railway locomotive engineering, to be based at their Bridgnorth facilities. The work will include low production volumes and the one off manufacture and fitting of components applicable to maintaining and rebuilding steam locomotive boilers.
Purpose of the position:
The main duties of this post are associated with the repair and maintenance of steam locomotive boilers. The Works Manager and/or Boilersmith Team leader, with the team will assess the work required, the materials needed and create a plan for the repair, overhaul and reassembly of the boiler. The Boilersmith will then strip down, repair and return the boiler to service the steam engines.
- Refurbishment of boilers.
- Carry out hot work including the use of Welding and cutting equipment.
- Carry out any additional plating repairs and renewals.
- Complete work to the highest quality, within planned timelines, producing components to the required standard of accuracy.
- Return boilers to serviceable condition in line with service/customer demands.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Apprentice trained or qualified in engineering or equivalent experience.
- Good Fitting experience in a heavy engineering environment.
- Experience of forming metal and Oxy Acetylene cutting and welding (MMA, MIG and TIG).
- Experience in operation of machine tooling, principally drilling, reaming and tapping.
- Competently operate a range of traditional machine tools found in the workshop.
- Experience in re-build / overhaul in a heavy engineering field.
- Working to a high maintenance and overhaul standard.
- Knowledge of locomotives desirable but not essential.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
- Contributory Pension.
- Rail travel discount pass.
- Overtime at time and a half
- Relocation package available if required
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on email@example.com or call on 01384446192. Rail01
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.